- How you may be able to get help paying for nursing homes, assisted living, or in-home care for your loved one.
- How to avoid caregiver burnout, which can result in serious health problems.
- Answers to the 101 most frequently asked questions about Alzheimer’s.
- How to know when it is the right time to take away the car keys.
- Helpful tips to find the right nursing home when it is appropriate.
- Three one-hour recordings discussing Alzheimer’s Caregiving tips and techniques, featuring caregiving expert Jo Huey.
Caring for a beloved family member with Alzheimer’s isn’t easy. In fact it is one of the toughest tasks anyone can undertake. As an Elder Law attorney, I witness the burden families bear taking care of their loved ones with Alzheimer’s. What’s more, I see too many families who haven’t taken the right steps to protect themselves… and it’s sometimes too late to help them. They’ve unknowingly made little mistakes that render their loved one ineligible for important benefits, costing them $5,000 to $7,000 a month or more in long term care fees. That’s why I’m making an incredible resource available to everyone in the Alzheimer’s community – and it’s completely free and you can access all or any part of it online. The Indispensable Alzheimer’s Resource Kit has the information that’s vital to caregivers. I feel so strongly that caregivers should understand the steps they need to take right now that I am making it available to anyone who wants it. You will find: